Biomedical Technician - Advanced (Medical Imaging)
|Job type||Permanent Full-time|
|Workplace Location||Gold Coast|
|Job ad reference||QLD/H12CSS03585|
Are you the right person for the job?
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following key attributes. Within the context of the responsibilities described above, the ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
1. Proven expert level of knowledge and skill in the maintenance / repair, installation, commissioning and technical support of medical imaging equipment, systems and networks.
2. Proven ability to apply independent judgment and initiative to effectively plan, execute and coordinate technical service delivery.
3. Proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, including clinical staff, equipment suppliers, service providers, team members and managers.
4. Proven ability to work as an effective team member.
5. Able to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of quality management and continuous quality improvement.
Qualifications/Professional registration/Other requirements
1. The successful applicant must at least hold an Associate Diploma (generally graduating prior to the year 2000) or a Diploma or Advanced Diploma (or equivalent) (Year 2000 onwards), tertiary, or equivalent formal qualification(s) in the field/s of Technology or Engineering.
2. Hold the licences, certifications and accreditations required to carry out activities within the relevant discipline areas, or willingness and ability to make significant progress towards obtaining such during the first 6 months of employment. For example: Restricted Electrical Work Licence.
3. A “C” class drivers licence is required and you will be required to drive Queensland Health vehicles as part of general duties.
4. Travel, Shift Rostering and On-call requirements: Biomedical Technology Services (BTS) is committed to providing appropriate services at all times to health facilities throughout the state, consequently staff may (following consultation) be required to transfer to another work location, participate in 24 hour shift arrangements, on-call and weekend rosters, occasional overtime, and to travel throughout Queensland for periods of up to approximately two weeks at a time.
6. Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and if applicable registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
How to Apply:
For full details of this position, please ensure you download the Role Description and Information Package for Applicants (at the links in the boxed area above) for instructions on how to apply for this role. Please note that if the information requested in the ‘how to apply’ section is not provided you may not meet the requirements for further consideration of your application. The Information Package for Applicants outlines pre-employment checks that will be undertaken for successful applicants.
***APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY ONLINE***
The following file types are accepted: .jpg, .gif, .bmp, .png, .rtf, .txt, .doc and docx.
Please do not upload zipped files, pdf documents created through Microsoft Word 2007, tagged pdfs or protected documents.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.