Prioritise, plan and conduct research directed at the ecology, impacts and management of peri-urban wild dogs.
• Use GPS/satellite tracking to investigate the ecology and movements of peri-urban wild dogs (e.g. home range, habitat use and dispersal behaviour).
• Determine the diet, disease risk, breeding biology, social organisation and genetic origins/movements of wild dogs in peri-urban areas.
• Document wild dog impacts (environmental, economic and social) in peri-urban areas.
• Undertake, with the assistance of project collaborators, testing of wild dog management strategies in peri-urban areas.
• Liaise and collaborate with colleagues within the department and other agencies, local government, industry stakeholders and external groups to enhance project outcomes.
• Contribute to project planning and management, including setting milestones, monitoring expenditure, evaluating outcomes and reporting.
• Communicate and negotiate effectively with colleagues, clients, staff, managers and other stakeholders to achieve project and departmental outcomes.
• Be highly motivated, and achievement and action orientated, to ensure project priorities are achieved within resource and time limitations and achieve expected outcomes.
• Maintain professional expertise and knowledge in the field of pest animal research and management.
• Prepare technical and scientific papers for publication in journals and other relevant publications, and prepare reports for management as required.
• Make recommendations (based on research outcomes) to local government regarding the effective management of wild dogs to reduce their impact and hazard in peri-urban communities.
• Ensure that the workplace is free of discrimination and harassment, staff are treated fairly and equitably and that a safe and healthy work environment is maintained.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
|Job type||Temporary Full-time|
|Job ad reference||QLD/EEDI33639/12|
Are you the right person for the job?
Further information about this job is available in the documents below.