Child Safety Officer
|Occupational group||Community Care|
|Workplace Location||Various locations across Queensland|
|Job ad reference||QLD/CSO|
|Contact person||Recruitment Team|
|Contact details||Ph: (07) 3097 5300|
Child Safety Officers, Helping children and families thrive.
Child Safety Officers are responsible for delivering statutory child protection services including assessment, intervention, casework and case management in accordance with legislation and practice guidelines.
How we reward you
- Permanent positions available for immediate start
- Professional practice skills
- An attractive salary package including 12.75% super and annual leave loading
- Industry-leading training and support as well as promotional and development opportunities
- Family support through parental leave and flexible working arrangements
We look for people who have
- A bachelor level qualification in social work, psychology, human services or behavioural science. Other bachelor degrees are acceptable, if you have other qualifications, please contact us.
- A valid driver's licence
- The department has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy requirement. All Child Safety Officers are required to be fully vaccinated.
- The right to live and work in Australia. You will be relationships-focused, have strong engagement, communication, written and time management skills. This compliments your commitment to be a team-player and provide great customer service. You will join an organisation committed to creating diverse, inclusive, connected, capable and supportive workplaces.
Rural and remote opportunities
Looking for rural and remote opportunities? The Department has several permanent opportunities available for immediate start (current vacancies in Bundaberg, Cairns, Emerald, Gladstone, Innisfail, Ipswich, Mackay, Maryborough, Mt Isa, Rockhampton, Kingaroy, and Toowoomba. CSOs can work anywhere in Queensland. Placements outside of our metro areas can provide invaluable exposure to a broad range of casework opportunities, working in smaller communities, gaining a broader experience in cultural awareness and the ability to work directly with indigenous communities. The skills you acquire as a regional or remote child protection practitioner will help further your future career prospects. If you are not only looking for a career but a life changing experience, consider kick starting your career in one of our regional or remotely located Service Centres.
How to Apply
- Apply online with your written response and upload mandatory documents via the Recruitment Portal. Refer to the Child Safety Officer application process.
- Written - Provide your response to the three questions on the application form. Applicants are assessed in accordance to the capabilities on the role profile.
- Resume and minimum of 2 referees including email addresses.
- Verification of qualification - Child Safety Officer Qualification requirements provides detail for assessment pathways.
Pathway 1 & 2 - certified transcript/s or eQual link
- Certified Australian Drivers licence
- Certified Passport or another document to confirm your working rights
Additional Documents (where applicable)
- Overseas qualification assessment (Certified) – degrees obtained outside Australia
- Proof of name change (Certified) – if your name on your qualification is different to that on your ID
- Blue card - It is mandatory to have a blue card before you commence employment in a child-related role. It is recommended you lodge an application for a blue card as soon as possible to avoid any delays in commencement should you be offered a position with the department. Please note: if you choose to apply for a blue card prior to being employed with the department, the cost of a blue card will be at your own expense.
IMPORTANT Certified documents - where ‘certified' documents are requested a licenced Justice of the Peace (JP), Commission of Declarations, Queensland Police Officer or Solicitor is required to sight original document/s and will stamp a copy of the document to confirm it is a true copy of the original. The certified copy is to be scanned and uploaded with your application.role-profile-dcyjma 2022 (Word, 884KB)